IMG_0455

As Faisal said on this entry these shots would be a good comparison between the two cameras.

This was taken with the often criticised kit lens. I think that this shot proves that it's not that bad.

Canon EOS 20D, 18mm, f/20, 30sSec, ISO 400

Comments:

sweet...

buggy - January 5, 2005 10:44 PM

This photo is absolutely fantastic. Words escape me. I also like your previous post.

Matt - January 6, 2005 01:57 AM

This is a lovely exposure. I especially like the prominent reflection of the bridge in the dark water, and the hue of the sky. It's really neat to see two views of the same spot. Was faisal using a kit lens as well? I use very cheap lenses, myself. Occasionally, I'll borrow my fiance's L-series lenses. I'll then notice a dramatic improvement in image quality, and really want to upgrade. But the quality difference hasn't been noticable at the resolution of these blog posts, and since that's all I ever do with my pictures anyway, cheap lenses are good enough for me. For now anyway. :) Photography can really turn into an expensive hobby.

claire-obscure - January 6, 2005 02:42 AM

Simply awesome. The lights from the buildings across the bridge are the icing on the cake.

Monika - January 6, 2005 12:45 PM

Yeeaah ! WONDERFUL. The global composition is very soft and I like the colors, there are harmonious. It's very interesting, you give me idea ! S.

Sakana - January 6, 2005 07:32 PM

Great shot! Live the reflective glow on the Thames.

leigh - January 6, 2005 09:27 PM

Brillant! I don't know what the Millennium is, but I would hate to fall through it into the water. Beautiful shot. Love the moon in the background on the left.

Amanda - January 6, 2005 09:42 PM

great shot! i just got back from london yesterday and i loved it =) this bridge is absolutely beautiful

Benny - January 6, 2005 10:12 PM

great shot, amazing balance in the composition and i love how it is somewhat abstract. This one is up there with the long exposure of the eye. keep it up

tom - January 7, 2005 07:43 AM

Great shot! The angle gives it a very graphic, abstract feel and the reflection on the water really pulls it all together.

bob - January 10, 2005 05:08 AM

damn!..uhhh..damn!..excellent symmetry. great highlighting. masterful eye. everyone said it already... damn!

zerosun - January 13, 2005 02:47 PM

I was skeptical of that kit lens when I purchased my Digital Rebel but I have found it to be a pretty darn good lens. I am not expert but you can take a look at some of my photos and see for yourself. Almost all my images are taken with that lens. www.matt.dunmores.com/pad.shtml

matt - January 13, 2005 04:30 PM

Very nice nightshot of the capital.

Paul Woolrich - January 22, 2006 05:57 PM